True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default new boats

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 22:16:41 UTC-3, wrote:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:04:51 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I had a Hobie rigid hull (plastic) version of this. It had the pedals
and "flippers". It was amazing how fast you can get them going if you
can pedal hard, fast and long enough. I used to race the launch service
boats in the harbor with mine and could often keep up with them.

Those things can keep up with "hull speed" on my pontoon and when I do
slow down to give them a break they act like I want to race. After a
minute of trying to get by them without rocking them, "Surf's up" and
I nail it.

I find the reverse chine hull on my Bayliner kicks up a bigger wake when I try to go by slowly at 8 to 10 mph. Even my Legend did the same....