Ligniere

Default Reusable Salt Water Battery

The MHD can be towed.

You can buy cannons online.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
No current..... my Father is a machinist and is instructing me. Metal

Lathe
and some bending equipment as well as a heavy band saw type cutting tool

for
metal up to an inch thick. I do have access to a plasma cutter at a

friend's
shop. I'm just starting to learn the craft. I'm currently overhauling and
re-roofing the workshop and as soon as it's finished I plan to start on a
canon for my sailboat. I'm looking at stock now for milling on the lathe.

Can this type of generator be towed array deployed?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| Really?
|
| I can send you plans to test for a battery.
|
| If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
| magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
| magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water
current
| flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also has

| magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between

opposing
| walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag

on
| this device and no moving parts.
|
| Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are you
| qualified to operate machinery?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop.....

where
| can
| I get the plans?
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| thlink.net...
| | It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| | anything for that matter.
| | Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small
battery.
| If
| | one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would

be
| | considerably more.
| | In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from
metal
| shim
| | stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| | You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes

and
| scrap
| | copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered

over
| the
| | side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper

| zinc
| | piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily

recharge
| | battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
| |
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| | view the source code to find the specs I posted.
| |
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs
| down,
| | simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
| |
| | Interesting that there are no output specs.
| |
| | RB
| |
| |