The Carrolls

Default It is so easy to see.

An astute observation Bob. Perhaps those of us who live abord know less the
abilities of their craft, as they may be inhibited by the fear they may
damage their homes.
wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:47:15 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

Not one of them lives aboard his vessel

Living aboard a sailboat requires no additional skills than living aboard

a house or condo, tent, or camper, or anything else.
Each has a place to sleep, a place to eat, a place to potty (hoipefully).

If you prefer cedar buckets, you can have one at any
of those places. Ambience does not a sailor make. Sailing is the

skill,; not living aboard. We all know you know how to live
(in a limited sort of way). What we ask if: How are you going to prove

you really know how to sail?

Liveaboards tend to sail less. Their boats get taken over by everyday
life. Putting everything away, or even having space to put things away
in order to go sailing becomes an obstacle.

BB