True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Yo Bill...to take the heat off

On Monday, 18 September 2017 16:07:14 UTC-3, justan wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 9/18/17 2:29 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

John H Wrote in message:

To get on the house roof I don't need a ladder. Can climb out a
bedroom window and then have access to entire roof with a step stool.

I don't do house roofs either. If I get four feet from the edge, severe
vertigo sets in. :-)

I remember the time I spent in Thunder Bay, Ontario, one week. Really,
really, really cold. And I saw crews shoveling snow off the roofs of
houses. Was told the home insurance companies paid for those crews
because it was a lot cheaper than replacing roofs that collapsed from
the 4' or more of snow load on them.

There was four to five feet of snow on the ground, too, so I guess if
the guys on the roofs fell off, they're be more likely to suffocate in a
snow bank than get seriously injured in a fall.

Amazingly, one night I was there when it snowed at least a foot, and the
next morning, early, the union rep from the local arrived on time to
pick me up. The streets had already been cleared. The snowbanks along
the curbs were huge.

I drove a rental to Thunder Bay once. Did what I had to do, and
got out. Kanada in the winter is for the birds.

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

As I've said many times, Justine...it's no country for girliemen!