DS King

Default for those 95+ deg days

Scout wrote:

charge the closed loop with fresh water, throw the 5/8" coil over the side
(into the bay - once anchored), and I got me a water cooled window unit

Smaller diameter tubing would be more efficient. Did you calculate how much
surface area of the immersed tubing you'd need to shed 5200 BTU? I suspect that
you're either toting a huge mass of 5/8" tubing or else your unit will be rather
ineffective once the fresh water starts heating up.

Although that first blast of cool air is *really* nice.....

... Condensate dumps to bilge

Bad idea. Run it overboard. Fresh water draining into the bilge will promote
mildew very quickly and make the boat swampy & dank. What's the point of AC
then?

Besides, air conditioning is for Yankees and wimps.

DSK