Jonathan Ganz

Default for those 95+ deg days

I bet that clears them out.

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:37:07 -0400, "Scout"
wrote this crap:

Just finished customizing a 5200 btu GE window AC unit to work
in my sailboat.
Cut out the condenser and fan, fabricated a tube in tube heat exchanger,
sweated some hose fittings onto a coil of 5/8" tubing, connected the two
heat
exchangers with a small circulating pump (Taco 007) and some HD garden
hoses,
charge the closed loop with fresh water, throw the 5/8" coil over the

side
(into the bay - once anchored), and I got me a water cooled window unit

that
fits snug in a
cabinet in my boat. Condensate dumps to bilge. Pulls 4.5 amps and runs
nice on my Honda EU2000 genny. Total cost about $250 and it works like a
charm!
Scout

If it's too hot on the boat, I go into the yacht club, and take a seat
in the air-conditioned bar.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Years!