Peter Wiley

Default Bad Seamanship & Neal

"katysails" wrote in message ...
In actuality, old sewing machines can handle that type of cloth (by old I mean before WW2). My mother did heavy upholstery work
and canvas work on my Gramma's old Singer for years and I repaired sails with for a time. The new machines are lighter weight
and unless they're a heavy duty surge type then they're not going to be able to feed the material through the dogs.

Yeah - I scored my mother's 2 old treadle Singer machines, one a heavy
duty industrial model. My sisters didn't want them. When I get my new
place finished I'll set one of them up. Probably manage to sew my
thumb just like I did when I was a little kid & playing with the
machine. One childhood memory that's never faded...

PDW