Jonathan Ganz

Default Pictures of "Cut the Mustard" under sail

Well, we the wear marks on several of our mains. While it's
true that this wouldn't happen if it was only done occasionally
in light air, the problem seems to be habit. It's a bad habit, and
it's not necessary.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
That's a crock with sturdy Dacron cruising sails unless it's done for
extended periods in high winds. The sail against the spreader and stay

does
not cause accelerated abrasion at low wind speeds. I have done this with

my
main and have seen it done on many vessels... I have yet to see

significant
wear show on my sail in that area.

I'm not saying it won't cause abrasion... just that in light airs when

it's
usually employed.. the effect is negligible. In winds strong enough to

cause
the material to rub with force you would not elect to have the main so far
over.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Yes, but the sails shouldn't be against the shrouds. It causes
| a lot of wear and tear for no reason.
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Ever hear the term "Broad Reach".... or "Beam Reach"????
|
| CM
|

| "Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| | You claimed you were reaching in a couple of the pictures,
| | but the mainsail is against the spreaders. How come?
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | Booby has been singing the same old tune for years.
| |
| | "Capt. Neal never posts any pictures of his Crapanado
| | sailing.
| |
| | "The Crapton never sails or he would post some
| | pictures of him sailing."
| |
| | "The loser never leaves the mooring."
| |
| | And on and on and on. Well, I finally got sick of
| | his harassment so I took some time to snap a few
| | pics this week-end of "Cut the Mustard" under sail.
| |
| | I must apologize because all the pictures were taken
| | from aboard and they don't really do justice to the
| | real beauty that is my Coronado under sail showing
| | the entire vessel in her glory. But, it these pictures
| | cause Booby to shut his yap it will be worth the
| | effort.
| |
| | http://www.homestead.com/captneal/Thumbsup.html
| |