Jeff Morris

Default Sailing boston harbor islands

I was waiting to see if any of the local trailer-sailors replied, but I can at
least give some 25 year old info.

The in-town marinas (Boston, Charlestown, Chelsea, etc.) don't have facilities
unless you want to pay for a hoist. There are several ramps on the Charles
River, but don't even think about that next week during the DNC, or for a few
days afterwards. I used to use the public ramp in Winthrop, which gets you
pretty close to the middle and outer islands, but I don't know how security
would be for a one week stay - you could call the Winthrop Harbor Master. There
are also a few public ramps in Dorchester, but security is probably a bigger
issue there.

Were you planning on daysailing, or doing a few days at a time, or actually
living on board for the week? And do you need info on the various islands and
facilities?

"Peter Scott" wrote in message
om...
Just bought a 22' crysler and want to sail in and arround the boston harbour
islands with my kids for a week in august.
Where is a good place to launch the boat and store the truck/trailer for the
week?
Thanks Peter