Default Wish I didn't ....

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 08:51:11 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 8/10/2017 1:09 AM, wrote:

I have not been riveted to this thread but Justan may be on to
something. How complicated is the task this board accomplishes and can
it be done with a few relays? Those black automotive "ice cube" relays
are pretty robust (30a) and available just about anywhere. Sometime
old school is the way to go.

It's doable but I really don't want to get involved with tracing a whole
bunch of unmarked wires with no diagrams to give you a clue as to where
they go and what they control. Plus, it probably won't fix the level
indicators for the fresh, grey and black water tanks.

I've learned to be a little careful about what to sign up for on other
people's equipment. Back in my Navy days I used to repair or do
convergence and gun drive adjustments old CRT type TV sets, fixed VCR's,
radios, etc. Once you touch it, you become "on call" for any future
problems or issues.

Good point, I missed that this wasn't yours.
I think the safest bet is to just buy the card if you can prove that
will fix it. That will be a problem in they are no longer in
production but that is what Ebay is for ... assuming there is a good
one left in the world that someone wants to part with. Usually the
same things tend to fail over and over again. (engineering problem).
It allows techs to look good and sell a lot of weak parts but it hurts
the consumer. That was one of the things I did for a living, find
defective engineering and get the real problem fixed at the plant
level.