Default More true than we want to believe.

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 20:08:29 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article , says...

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 18:48:16 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

Don't worry about it. When SS "blows up" they'll just put asset and income limitations
on those who are allowed to draw it.

That will help but if SS is your only income (on paper) there will
still be more people collecting than the number of workers can
support.

They say that current SS contributions will pay for 70% of payments.
They can always reduce SS maximum payments. Or across the board cuts.
Not a problem.

Now you are feeding into Harry's post about all of those poor people
having to eat cat food or something because all they have is SS and
you want to cut the benefits.
A also disagree that it covers 70% of current payments unless they are
assuming they still have the trust fund, interest on the investment
etc and we know it is just debt. Certainly full faith and credit of
the government but debt nonetheless.
I assume we pay the SS people before the Chinese but maybe not.

MC will be taken care of by single payer.
No problem.

Medicare is already (government) single payer, that has been broke for
almost a decade and that is only paying part of the actual cost. (Part
A). We pay extra for parts, B, C and D
If you want to compare the efficiency of the government compared to
private insurers, look at the Advantage plans. For what the government
allocates for Part A and what we kick in for part B, I can get parts
A, B, C & D for no additional money.

Single payer should absorb Medicare. No more Medicare.

Medicare IS single payer. What changes?

Advantage is a poor man's substitute for supplementals.
Look at your deductibles. It stops working when you have some major health events.

My out of pocket is maxed out at $6500 a year. Right now my
deductibles and co pays don't even eat all of my HRA. I gave them back
close to a grand last year.
I don't really plan to be sick very long anyway. I will punch out. I
have seen dying of miserable diseases more than I like to think about
and I don't plan on doing it.

Then you'll have much more than Bill Clinton to whine about.

The people who are ****ed at me retiring at 49 should be mad at
Clinton. It was his loosening of the pension rules that allowed it.
They made a little administrative change in how the PBGC calculates
risk that allowed companies to send people like me off the payroll and
into the pension plan without coming up with any more funding.
That is just one way they generated their phony prosperity
(read:increased profits)

Who's ****ed at you retiring at 49? Maybe ****ed at you whining about it.
I retired at 57 and nobody has peeped about it.

Harry seems to take a shot at me whenever he can but I think his plan
is to die at his desk.