John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Dogs

On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 09:02:40 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 12:05:15 UTC-3, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 7/29/17 10:54 AM, Justan wrote:
John H Wrote in message:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2017 01:59:37 -0400, wrote:

This is certainly the truth
http://www.seattlepi.com/comics-and-...re/2017-07-28/

I am now registered at 5 different adoption places and no joy yet. I
do know the world is awash in pit bull mixes.
I also think these "dog" people really do not understand what training
a dog is supposed to be. When did the "crate" thing start being how
you are supposed to keep a dog and what happened to having a dog who
just comes when you call them? This seems to be a foreign concept to
the people I am talking to.
I guess they are thinking if the dog came when you called them they
wouldn't be in the pound in the first place. I go the other way and
try to make home where the dog really wants to be. It has always
worked out for me even though Mr Ed's "dog whistle" was a bottle
rocket ;-)

I've always frowned on the use of crates. However, we now keep the big one in a crate for her own
protection. With two torn ACLs, the lesser the strain on the rear stifles, the better. If company is
coming, she gets crated. At night she used to sleep on the bed. Can't do that because she'll jump
down and back up again. Jumping down is OK. The front legs get the stress. Jumping up just reinjures
whatever scar tissue may have formed. We want to go to Holland again this fall. The vet will board
her, but she'll be crated almost continuously. She can't be allowed to play with other dogs. Hell,
we can't even allow to run in the house. She's usually closed in the office, leashed to a chair, or
crated.

Life sucks with torn ACLs. Both of us are gaining weight 'cause we're not getting in our three miles
a day!

Maybe a dog would help Harry with his weight problem.

Ray Bolger had you pegged...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nauLgZISozs

Of course, you'd have the Big Three reasons to visit the Wizard: no
brain, no heart, no courage.

I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

Harry is so proud of you, Donielle.