John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default New Computer

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 19:33:14 -0400, Alex wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:

In the process of setting up a new computer. Using the old laptop in
the meantime. I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to update, set
all your preferences, etc. Right now it's updating Win 10 and has
been at it for a while.

Got an HP "all in one". 27" screen for my aging eyes, Pentium I-7, and
I forget all the rest. Hopefully I'll get all my passwords, etc.,
transferred before the old, 9 year old laptop gives up the ghost.

I was a little nervous about making the transition from Win 7 to Win
10 so I spent almost an hour at the store playing with it. Not as bad
as I feared. I was concerned because I remember playing with a
computer that had Win 8 on it and it was horrible.

---
http://www.avg.com

The the monitor dies on and all-in-one, can you hook up an external
monitor to move your data from it?

Thank God for Google (and Al Gore, of course):

But don't worry, you can output video through the USB ports on your HP all-in-one desktop! ...
Connect your computer to the USB to Video Adapter with your USB cable. Connect an HDMI, DVI-D or DVI
to VGA cable from the USB to Video Adapter to your second monitor.
HP All-In-One Desktop Secondary Monitor Setup - DataPro
https://www.datapro.net/techinfo/hp_...d_monitor.html

Hope it helps.