Its Me Its Me is offline

Default MAN-UP ROOKIE RV-er

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 12:06:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:56:51 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:18:58 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 05:56:43 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

At the bigger places, that's generally true. I once went inside to ask where the diesel pump was.
Answer, "Oh, it's around back."

Most definitely wouldn't try to take a 33' trailer 'around back'.

Not without looking anyway. ;-)
I have been in some tough spots towing my pontoon, behind a stretch
E-150.
Haven't had to unhook it and take another swing at it tho.

A few years ago we had a 25' Winnebago, and I towed my wife's car with it on a tow dolly a few times. There's no backing up with a tow dolly, at least not for more than a few feet. One time I made a wrong turn, got into a tight spot, and had to unstrap and unload the car, get the rig turned around, and load everything back up. What a pain.

I bet if you had a camera on the RV that watched the car, you could
learn how to do it

Since it swivels at the ball hitch and at the plate the front tires sit on, any slight deviation from perfectly straight will jackknife the car and dolly. A pin that locked the plate in place would allow it, but the one I had didn't have one.

That's one of the reasons RV'ers spend a bunch of money so they can tow a vehicle with all four down.