Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default MAN-UP ROOKIE RV-er

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:20:16 -0600 (MDT), justan wrote:

Poco Deplorevole Wrote in message:
Husband--I'm gonna fill up before we hook up

Wife--can we stop at Valero? I like their coffee

Husband--Nope, going to Flying J because I'm a Good Sam Card Carrying American and we are driving a
diesel big rig baby..and the J is a diesel truck stop and we're gonna save us 8-cents a gallon..So
Sorry Baby, you're gonna have to drink trucker coffee. And you might as well get used to it now that
we are RV-er's and driving a diesel!!!

Wife-- OK

Husband--Pumping pure man diesel; sniffing fumes; watching 18-wheelers drive in; admiring brand
spanking new first ever F250 6.7 Liter diesel monster....fighting urge to pound chest.

Husband--mentally calculating massive fuel savings... $3.41 a gallon less 8-cents is
$3.33....watching the pump read-out as the gallons keep ticking.

Husband--jumps in truck with big grin and tells wife they got 28-gallons and saved a whopping $2.24

Wife--sipping coffee asks...so what was final price?

Husband--$3.33 after our Good Sams discount...hits engine start and listens to diesel fire up....

Wife--sips coffee..looks over and softly says....Valero has diesel for $3.14

Husband--almost injures neck as he whips around to see the Valero sign.

Husband--silent

Wife--silent

Husband--WHOLLY CRAP..how can Flying J be $3.41 a gallon and frigging Valero $3.14???

Husband--silent

Wife--maybe it's a testosterone surcharge.

Husband--silent

Wife--so, how much did we save again???

Sounds plausable. I paid $2.05at a Valero recently. The only
caveat is that you can always count on being able to manouver
your rig in and out of a Flying J. That's important if you can't
back up while hooked up.

You're right about that. My wife can look up the station and get a satellite view very quickly.
Gives a good idea of the possibilities. I wish they'd all put a flashing green light on the diesel
pump. Very often they're hard as hell to find.