Alex[_11_] Alex[_11_] is offline

Default Google is evil

wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:02:44 -0400, Alex wrote:

Netflix has a very limited library of downloadable movies. It's great
for travel with a tablet.

You can load a movie on a supported device using their software to
play it but you are not putting it on your server without using some
kind of "pirate" software. It is similar to how the DVR from the
Cable/Satellite company works. The last time I looked, nobody was
bragging about a way to get your stored movies off of the DVR that
would play on anything but the DVR. (even illegally). I would not be
surprised if someone cracks the encryption tho.

I have Tivo and their software lets me store anything I've recorded on
my PC. Nothing Illegal about it:

https://www.lifewire.com/move-tivo-recordings-1130892

Years ago I had a Tivo box with a DVD burner built in. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Humax-DRT800-.../dp/B00065ZK7M