auditdude

Default Old Style Winch Handles

I just saw your posting regarding winch handles. I see the type you mention
on e-bay often. Most major "sailing" cities like Annapolis, Newport,
Baltimore, etc have used or consignment chandeleries. There is one such
store in Annapolis that I frequent. It's called Bacon & Associates. I have
a 30 year old sailboat, so I often go there for parts that fit the old style
genoa tracks, etc.

If you need sails, they have a huge used sail loft as well.

They can be reached at 410-263-4880

Scott Sauvageot
1974 Cal 25#1651 Indefatigable
Annapolis, MD

"truebs" wrote in message
I bought an old boat that does not have those star winch handles. Given I
only paid about a grand and my old winches are fine, I will not buy new
winches. They are the sort of winches that have two slots at the 3 oclock
and 9 oclock position. The top of the winch looks like it would take a
flathead screwdriver.

I am told the winch handles for these things aren't made anymore. But if
they were, what would they be called? Is there a uniform name that I

could
use to search ebay and other internet sites??? Are they all Merriman

winch
handles? Or is there another name???

Much appreciated.