[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default 2017 Pathfinder update

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 14:29:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 6/8/2017 2:08 PM, Tim wrote:
Richard, it's a sorry shame that the corp doesn't allow lol cal decisions to be made. And who was the pr man that Meade up the air conditioner story? Baghdad Bob??

I was just at the dealership again. The guy with the AC cooling the
engine story isn't a tech/mechanic. Nice guy and all but I told him
that some of this is getting comical.

He also told me that the Nissan Service Tech and the dealership service
tech seem to now think that the engine overheated at some point.
There's no codes in the ECU that indicate that but they suspect it for
some other reason.

If so, it happened sometime between coming off the assembly line and
being shipped to the dealership. It had 3 miles on it when I took
delivery and for the two days I got to drive it it did not overheat.
On Monday I was watching the temp gauge closely to make sure the engine
was at normal temp because I noticed the no heat situation.

It's possible that when the car was built they forgot to put coolant in
it. Drove it out of the assembly area to a staging area and it may have
overheated then.

It would explain the suspected bad water pump (running dry) and a air
lock in the heater core. Maybe they realized it, filled with coolant,
reset the ECU code and shipped it.

If so, I told the service advisor that I don't want the car. Too many
problems can result from overheating ... especially with aluminum heads,
etc.

I have been told I'll get a call from Nissan Customer Service within 24
hours to resolve the problem. I am going to tell him/her I don't want
that car and will accept a replacement of equal or better value.

===

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution. Consumer Reports has always
rated Nissan quality a notch or two below Toyota and Honda. I've
avoided them as a result.

---
http://www.avg.com