Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On Thu, 25 May 2017 17:39:40 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 5/25/17 4:07 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/25/2017 3:48 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 5/25/17 3:43 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 12:57:19 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:43:53 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:32:10 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Driving north on a hot, sunny afternoon on I-81 will raise the
tire temp a bunch. I wonder how the
TPMS compensates, if at all. I suppose if both driver-side tires
are at the same (higher) temp then
the fear would be reduced. I wish they also made a wheel bearing
temp monitoring system.

Do you have an IR gun? It is a handy thing for looking at all of that
stuff. They are getting pretty cheap but I would get one from the
middle of the pack, not the cheapest one you find.

Won't need one with the TPMS.

I was thinking more about the bearings you seemed to be worried about.
You can reach around and shoot the base of the spindle. They use those
guns on Pike's Peak to check brake rotor heats and if you are too hot,
they give you a time out.

Gosh, I just keep an eye on the temp gauge and TPMS once in a while
when we travel, and when we gas up, I check the engine oil and take a
look at the tires. Glad I am not towing a motel room.

So is everyone else using the same highway.

I've been pulling trailers behind trucks since I was 12, and legally
since I was 16. Never had an accident.

Yup. I'm sure you know what it's all about. Riding the Ducati much lately?