Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On 5/25/2017 12:27 PM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2017 11:29:20 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 25 May 2017 06:25:42 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 17:16:05 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 13:34:15 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The Altima I drive now has a cool feature. If you leave the ignition on
(but engine off) when adding air to a tire, the car horn will beep when
the tire is at 32 psi. Don't need a tire gauge.

I am not convinced these things are that accurate.

It's not spot on accuracy I worry about. It's losing 10-20 lbs rapidly, or the temperature
increasing rapidly that worries me. I like the idea of a warning alarm when either occurs.

That is what the sensor is meant to do. I still want to use a real
gauge to inflate them.

It would be unlikely that someone would try to use the sensor for inflation, but I suppose it could
be done. Again, how do you know your gauge is accurate?

Greg probably had it traced back to the National Bureau of Standards.
Me? I'll just inflate until my horn beeps. Or the tire blows up.
Whatever occurs first. :-)

---
http://www.avg.com