Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default Tire Pressure Monitoring System

On Wed, 24 May 2017 19:51:38 -0400, Alex wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/24/2017 12:40 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 12:29:43 PM UTC-4, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Wed, 24 May 2017 12:19:22 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 24 May 2017 10:35:03 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Anyone use one of these systems? I'm thinking of putting this on
the RV. Seen too many horrific
results of blowouts on the highway.

http://eezrvproduct.com/products/tir...systems-tpms-4

We have them on the Lincoln. Expect to replace some sensors whenever
they break down a tire because the tire guys usually trash them.

I suppose I could always take off the sensors before any tire work
is done.

I think Greg is talking about the factory internal sensors. Both my
car and my wife's has those, and we've had new tires mounted and
haven't lost one yet. I'm sure it does happen though.

The system you're looking at has external sensors which replace the
valve stem cap, so as you say, you could just remove them and replace
with the plastic caps until the tire work is complete.

BTW, the Amazon reviews were very positive. One thing I did notice
is that someone said the monitor placement was critical in getting a
good, solid signal from all the sensors.

I've had several cars with the factory tire pressure monitoring systems.

The Altima I drive now has a cool feature. If you leave the ignition
on (but engine off) when adding air to a tire, the car horn will beep
when the tire is at 32 psi. Don't need a tire gauge.

---
http://www.avg.com

Does it adjust for temperature? That would be great if the tire was
cold before you took off for a drive.

Driving north on a hot, sunny afternoon on I-81 will raise the tire temp a bunch. I wonder how the
TPMS compensates, if at all. I suppose if both driver-side tires are at the same (higher) temp then
the fear would be reduced. I wish they also made a wheel bearing temp monitoring system.