Donal

Default Citizen Yachting Watch - JR4xxx

"Olaf Peuss" wrote in message
Chris Brady wrote:

Whilst at Antigua Airport in the duty free shop run by a crowd called
'Colombian Emeralds International' I stupidly purchased a Citizen
Eco-Drive chronograph watch specifically for sailing/yachting. That
was what the assistant told me it was for. Unfortunately I did not
have time to fully check out the features.

Why on earth did you purchase a watch in rather a hurry? Frankly
speaking, you bought something of which you still don't know whether you
need it - chances are that you'll never need it. Your whole case sounds
like a typical "buyer's remorse whining," so little wonder that people
might feel tempted to add insult to injury.

It seems to me that you need to bolster your ego by attacking strangers on
the Internet.

An undersized penis is a much bigger(smaller??) problem than a dodgy watch.

The real lesson in this, is that Duty Free shops can only offer bargains on
items that attract a large amount of tax. I don't believe that watches are
usually taxed heavily. Therefore, airport shops won't be cheaper than high
street outlets.

Cigarettes and booze are taxed heavily in the UK, and therefore they are
much cheaper when they can be purchased "Duty Free".

Most other things that are sold in airport shops are more expensive than in
the high street.

Regards

Donal

--