Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default Law of Gravity

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:57:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/30/2017 8:44 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 19:44:50 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:11:01 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 14:52:13 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

I don't think you get what he's driving at.

Possibly not.

I was assuming a fire hazard. The code deals with ignition sources and
separation in a classified location. The fuel is assumed.

I suppose if I got them all greasy like Don does, then a fire hazard may exist. But they stay pretty
clean. They may get a drop or two of oil when oil gets changed, but that's about it. I doubt they're
any more flammable than the rugs in the house.

John, my comment was in response to an earlier description you posted
about the carpets in your garage where you implied that they were full
of grease and oil. My concern was about parking a car with a hot
catalytic converter (and they *do* get hot) on a greasy, oil laden
carpet. If it's just a few drops of oil, there's probably no problem.

Yup, I went back and read my initial comments and could see where one might think the carpets were
oil saturated. No, they're fairly clean. When they get bad, they get replaced. Last time I had two
orientals in there - both from a trash pile when someone was moving. They had a few stains, but
nothing my garage couldn't handle.

When these get bad enough, I'll buy some cheap carpetting at Home Depot. Something like this will do
both sides for about $120. Well worth it.

http://tinyurl.com/l384z45