Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default TotalBoat Work Skiff Completed - Last Episode

On 4/24/17 8:12 PM, Alex wrote:
wrote:
Well, it's finally finished and it looks great. In the last episode
Lou takes it out and sea trials it with a Yamaha 50, runs great.

It's now listed for sale on EBAY (without outboard), and bidding is up
to $17,000 as we speak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcFv9SO_8lQ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-16-wooden-work-skiff-built-by-Louis-Sauzedde-on-Tips-from-a-Shipwright-/201900564523?hash=item2f0236202b:g:3QoAAOSw5UZY-ngE&vxp=mtr

I'd like to see it with a small center console and helm seat but then
it wouldn't be a work boat. It's too pretty for hauling crab pots or
oyster tonging in any case.

It's nice but I would rather have this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/622597157

My $45,000 bid didn't do it and I would have been surprised if it did!

I remember the Sunday mornings we'd be awakened by the noise of a pair
of airboats driven by assholes tearing up the marshlands along the
ICW...and I mean "tearing up." I'm sure you would have been among them,
given the opportunity. Their persona non grata status was made official
somehow as a result of excessive noise. I was hopeful their running over
an oyster bed might perforate the bottoms of their boats but, alas, as
far as I know, it didn't happen.

This company:

http://stur-deeboat.com/amesbury-dory/

makes very nice dory style small boats that can be equipped with seats
and a console. My dad bought and sold dozens and dozens of these boats
when they were made of wood. We knew the original owner, who died a few
years ago. I crossed LI Sound in one of these boats with a 15 hp
Evinrude on the stern. I think I was about 10 or 11, something like
that. Straight over to Port Jeff.