jps

Default OT--Don't play politics on Iraq

"NOYB" wrote in message
.net...
I thought it was especially good given the fact that it was written by a
Democratic representative in the Washington Post...which makes the story
harder for liberals to attack.

According to Marshall:
"I went to Iraq a couple of weeks ago to resolve for myself the recent
contrast between gloomy news coverage and optimistic Pentagon reports of

our
progress. My trip left no doubt that the Pentagon's version is far closer

reality."

He went to Iraq for a visit. I don't expect Marshall was in the streets in
the same way a reporter can blend in. He was likely with an entourage
wearing western clothes and being whisked around by Americans.

Most of the people reporting on Iraq LIVE THERE. They're in the news
business which begs another question. Why is the news coming out of Iraq
mostly negative? Does bad news sell better than good news? Perhaps so, if
you listen to Michael Moore who concludes that the media feeds on situations
that create fear.

Fear is the thing that sells best. Just like Bush pumping us with fear
about what might happen unless we go bomb the **** out of a fifth rate
military that doesn't have any WMDs.

You see, it cuts both ways. Bush sells fear, so does the media.