Andy Champ

Default fastest production monohull (non-displacement , non -sailboard)?

Harken Ronstan wrote:
What is the fastest mono-hull (non-sailboard)on a windward leeward or
triangle course these days?

I estimate: 505, Intl 14 GP, 49er, 18ft skiff are contenders.
Since they all plane up wind, waterline is less of an issue so I would
guess larger craft like an E scow, and A scow are in this class.

According to the RYA, the 49er's yardstick of 747 is 73 faster than the
next boat - the RS800. I14 is 864, and 505 a mere 902. They quote 855
for the Projection 762 (keelboat). They've also got 689 for the Dart
Hawk cat. No good number for the 18ft skiff, but Datchet Water reckon
it is about 700.

I think you'll find sailboards can't keep up on a proper course, they
are damn fast on a reach and not in any other direction.

Andy.