Default Busy day at the office ...

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 14:48:37 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

The problem was that after Kuwait was liberated, we stayed in Saudi
and continued to bomb Iraq.
Personally I think we should have just told Saudi and the emirates to
defend themselves with all of that hardware we sold them. If they
wanted help, call the Israelis.

Knowing your Libertarian mindset I can understand your argument but most
don't see it that way. As I have mentioned before, the USA has a major
role and responsibility in the global balance of power. It's not
something we volunteered for but it has grown with us since the end of
WWII. It would be nice to stick our head in the sand and ignore the
rest of the world but it just isn't realistic.\

How has that been working out?
We keep deposing these dictators for humanitarian reasons and ending
up with a far worse humanitarian problem than they had before.
We killed Saddam and we have the worst refugee problem since WWII. Now
we think it would get better if we take out Assad.
.... and then what?
Is there a muslim Thomas Jefferson hiding somewhere that we have not
seen or are we just going to let another radical anti-American cleric
take over?