Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default .22LR Conversion Kit for Kimber

On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 18:25:18 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 4/6/17 5:31 PM, Tim wrote:
4:03 PMPoco Deplorevole
On Thu, 6 Apr 2017 13:04:59 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Well John I'm glad it's your money and not mine. I did a really brief search and saw this for just $50.00 more . Btw, I haven't even started looking yet. Lol!

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr22Pi...eets/3620.html

Yeah, I saw that too, but didn't like it as much as I like the Kimber with the kit. Switching
between .45 and .22 with the Kimber is about a two-minute job, so it's not a big deal. I got the
stainless conversion kit, so the Kimber looks pretty good with it. And, it's easy to tell what it's
firing from a few feet away!

Ok well you're the only one you need to satisfy on the matter so that's good!

I just can't see that kind of mo way for a conversion kit, though... But obviously that's me..

I simply "don't get" those conversion kits...the light .22LR round
doesn't feel the same going off in a pistol designed for .45 ACP, or
even 9mm. The recoil is different, the flip is different, the point of
impact is different. What's the point? When I got my .357 mag pistol and
rifle, I bought a box of .38 Specials, because the guns will fire those,
too...but they feel a lot different in the pistol than the hotter
rounds. The rifle, well, even .357 Mag out of my lever gun feels pretty
soft.

Luckily, for me, you and I don't have much in common.