Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Tarpon Fishing Fun

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 10:28:47 -0400,
wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sjrv6dvj9uiz31/HandLine2.mp4?dl=0

I saw a guy catch one (about 5' long) in the Estero River, right
around the corner from the house on light tackle. He managed to get it
right up to the boat before he cut it loose. He really did not have a
good way of picking it up without hurting it (too big for a net, the
leader was not going to hold it and gaffing is pretty destructive) A
half dozen of us saw it. There are a few pictures out there but I
didn't get any.

Amazing the guy still had an arm or meat on the arm. The edge of the mouth
is razor sharp. Most fun fish to catch I think. Is edible, but my guide
in Costa Rica says few eat them, lots of bones, better eating fish. They
have one die occasionally and they give them to the really poor people.