Tim Tim is offline

Default Thanks guys - for the laptop help!

2:28 PMMr. Luddite
I still have a small XP based laptop that I used on the boat and RV from
time to time. Bought it back in 2002 or 2003. Still works but spends
it's retirement sitting on a closet shelf.

I took it out and fired it up shortly before we moved last year. I
liked XP when it was the current OS for Windows ... it was very stable
.... but I noticed right away (after using Win7 for quite a while) that
for the general use I use a computer for it doesn't come close to Win7
in terms of overall performance. It's just slower at everything.

My wife has a retired Lappy that here company bought for her some X bomber years ago. It had Netscape for a browser and AOL 3.0. That's when AOL paid good money to have computer mfj's load their stuff on every machine trying to bait potential customers. At the time it was state of the art. Of course that was then(over 20 years ago) and this is now...