Calif Bill

Default skegs

"Tony Thomas" wrote in message
news:FLyeb.5712$%h1.5458@sccrnsc02...
I personally would not worry about it. You obviously did not know it when
running the boat. It is not hurting anything.
I have run boats w/ almost no skeg before you could notice any difference.
(not mine but a boat I was working on).
I also have broken off about 1/2 the skeg off the front when I rolled over

rock and the weight of the boat snapped the skeg. Never noticed a
difference. Even sold the boat w/ it broke w/ no reduction in price.

Bottom line, leave it alone. If you break it again, then maybe get it
fixed.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Randy" wrote in message
.. .
Just got the boat out of the water and what do I find... about 1/3 of

the
skeg gone. Best to have it welded and repaired. Or are these Skegguards
worth the money?

And if you run into something else and the skeg is missing, the skeg can not
be broke if it ain't there. Course the prop and shft will take a lick'n.
Get it welded. About $80.