[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default Laptop recommendations

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:04:36 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I'd consider a Dell if I could find one designed for commercial use.
Seems to be many of them around that are still chugging away.

===

I have an old Dell laptop that lives on the boat, usually at the lower
helm. It gets used mostly for displaying weather information and as a
comm terminal for the SSB radio, but it can double as a navigation
display/chartplotter if necessary. What's not to like? It has always
been flaky and temperature sensitive, requiring periodic reboots to
restore it to operation.