True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Laptop recommendations

On Wednesday, 29 March 2017 06:18:23 UTC-3, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
This summer will see us doing a bit of travelling, and I'm finally giving serious thought to getting
a laptop. Any one having good or bad luck with theirs?

I was given a HP Notebook a couple years ago for Christmas.
Had a lot of trouble with the wi fi reception. Even had the cable guy in to check signal strength. He said it was probably the Notebooks antenna.
Told this to the HP support people and they brushed me off saying if that was the case the signal would never work. We went through the usual troubleshooting over the phone and eventually they authorized me to send the unit to Ontario for repair. Had to argue with them over warranty coverage...HP had 2 years but COSTCO provided 3.
Got unit back...same problem.
Went through the same over the phone trouble shooting and arguments about warranty coverage a 2nd time. Costco people told me to insist on the top tier service people and they authorized a 2nd trip to Ontario for repairs. This time they got it right and replaced the antenna and whatever board it was connected to. Has worked fine since last summer. (fingers crossed)