True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Some Good Boat Maintenance Videos

On Tuesday, 21 March 2017 13:54:39 UTC-3, Bill wrote:
Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:39:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Say, that's quite a series. My rickety old 27' cavalier was wood and
though well maintained after a while the plywood hull started to
delaminates and I couldn't keep up with it. It finally went the way if
Gillian's island. But in the time I had the boat. Oh man what a blast!

It would be fun to be the guy's 'apprentice' for a month, or however long
it takes, build a boat
with him, and then cart the boat home. Wonder how much he'd charge for
such an experience. He put a
hell of an effort into making those videos, let alone the work he did on the boat.

At the Maritime Museum in San Francisco, they have building wooden boat
classes. You get to build one for yourself.

Used to do the same at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax.
Small sail & rowing boats and then kayaks.
Lady two doors up joined a class to build a wooden kayak and is still going on excursions all over the province with friends she made there...and she's in her early '70s.
https://maritimemuseum.novascotia.ca/