[email protected] WayneBatrecdotboats@hotmail.com is offline

Default Some Good Boat Maintenance Videos

One of the more dubious joys of owning a boat with a *lot* of wood
trim is maintaining the varnish. On our Grand Banks 49 this often
feels like a never ending process. I tell people that it's like
painting the Brooklyn Bridge - once you finish one end, it's time to
start over over at the other end.

Consequently I'm always interested in improving my game whether it be
better materials or better technique. Jamestown Distributors in Rhode
Island has done a huge service to the boating community by producing a
wonderful series of YouTube videos on just about all aspects of boat
building and maintenance. Of course it also gives them a great
platform for pitching their products but there's a tremendous amount
of valuable information also.

Here's a link to some of their varnishing tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=total+boat+varnish

There's also a great series on building a wooden work boat skiff from
scratch, using lumber from the saw mill and basic tools. It goes into
incredible detail about all the tricks of the trade.

Here's a link to episode 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C22Crc7XHoI