matt colie

Default Tiller and outboard - which one controls ?

Sven,

I did this.

The pivot end balls were on the gas strut rack at BoatUS, and the relay
rod was modified from the proportioning valve of a Dodge truck (look
around wrecking yards). I put a ball on the outboard tiller and an
other on a bracket on the tiller. I had to make an extention in the
middle of the link rod.

The other thing I did was drill the shift handle for the hiking stick,
so I can use that as an extended shift lever. I can manuver the boat at
idle.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e" S2-7.9 #1
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Pathological Sailor

John R Weiss wrote:

"Sven" wrote...

snip
How you set this depends on your specific installation. On my San Juan 7.7 I
had the motor permanently set straight ahead. The rudder was powerful enough to
swing the boat whether in forward or reverse.

Your idea of a removable linkage to the rudder sounds interesting. I suspect
you'll have to improvise...