Sven

Default Tiller and outboard - which one controls ?

Hi Garry,

In article ,
"Garry Beattie" wrote:

Tighten up your outboard locking bolt (that stops it from turning side to
side) Don't totally lock it off, just make it tight enough so that it will
continue to point straight ahead, but can still be turned in case of an
emergency.

Apparently it is under the cowling somwehere. I kept looking for it
below the motor head, on the shaft collar.

Once you start your motor you should be able to throttle up and leave the
throttle alone. It should stay at the same revs as you left it.

Time to strip off the duct tape and see if I can find the missing set
screw and replace it. Right now the engine goes straight to idle from
any other speed as soon as I let go.

I think I need to see if I can find an on-line Nissan 5 hp outboard
manual :-)

Thanks again,

-Sven