Default Worth sharing

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:12:01 -0600, "Ryan P."
wrote:

On 3/9/2017 6:44 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/attn/videos/1305416199493836/

Hollywood's version of the middle class worker.

Mike Rowe is a fantastic advocate for skilled labor.

In my own state, there's a huge shortage of skilled labor like
welders, plumbers, electricians, etc.

The problem is that the East and West Coast Elite's have made
succeeded in getting people to think that no going to a 4-year college
is an awful thing, and instruction in the Trades is de-emphasized (if it
even exists) at the high school/middle school level in most districts.

The consequence is that, as Mike Rowe stated, kids think of these jobs
as unworthy or beneath them. The fact that many people in the trades
make far more money than many college graduates is never disclosed to
these kids. If you're a good welder, you going to make 6 figures easy,
for example.

The main reason why trades do not make more money is they are horrible
business people. We see it all the time around here. A trade will
decide to go off on his own and loses his ass because he does not
understand "overhead" and under bids his jobs. My wife and I have
often thought a good business would be to just teach these guys how to
run a small business. It is a unique skill that you would not get in
an MBA program. Big business is not like small business