Mr. Luddite Mr. Luddite is offline

Default Throw Back Thursday

On 3/9/2017 2:26 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 11:53:58 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

I forget what the "browser" was back then or even how it all worked.
I think it may have been Netscape Navigator. I recall "AltaVista" as
being the search engine.

===

Good old AltaVista. At one time it was arguably the best search
engine on the internet. I believe it was created by Digital Equipment
Corp but they were too dumb and inflexible to realize the value of
what they'd created. It could have saved their failing mini computer
business if they had known what to do with it.

They sold it to Yahoo who dumped it.