Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default And how old do you want to live to?

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 18:20:08 -0600, amdx wrote:

Interesting article about the downside of aging personally and for
society.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...-at-75/379329/

Mikek

---

When given the choice of when to start Social Security, I calculated the break even point between
reduced-early and full-later benefits to be about age 80. A big part of the rationale was that I
smoked (a lot) for almost 40 years. I figured if I made it past 80 I wouldn't mind the lower monthly
SS check, but I'd just pat myself on the back for each extra year.

Still feel that way.