Bob D.

Default New one on me - Laminate Flooring

Ahhh yes, yet another Mensa candidate dribbles out his words of wit and
wisdom using his intellectual superpowers in spotting the word "Bayliner".

Seriously, I second what someone else said about using that laminate to
cover up a bigger problem. I also question the durability of this
material's application in a marine environment. It might be advisable to
look elsewhere.

Another word of advice... Don't be a narrow minded twit like Alfalfa,
Spank Me, and the rest of the OGHMBHC (Our Gang He Man Bayliner Haters
Club). Use an open mind and common sense when looking at a boat, instead
of letting a brand name determine what used boat to buy. Don't overlook
a properly cared for Bayliner just because its a Bayliner. Conversely,
don't expect a Sea Ray or Wellcraft to be a better value on name alone.
Let the boat's condition speak for itself. If two boats of different
brand names are similar in condition, specifications, and price, then IMHO
its a judgement call, as I have yet to see anyone offer any significant
empirical data, even significant anectdotal evidence, that any boat of a
given brand name is clearly superior or inferior to another brand name,
when factoring in things like initial cost, and care.

I have no doubt that you will find some Bayliners that are indeed a POS,
but that can easily be said for any boat that was neglected by its
previous owner.

Good Luck in your search!

Bob Dimond

In article , "Greg O"
wrote:

"Black-n-Gold" wrote in message
Saw a boat for sale last night - a 1977 Bayliner - that the owner had just
installed laminate flooring on. Looks very cool, however I don't know how
practical it is.

It's a Bayliner! It will never leave the driveway! ;-)
Greg