Default Sprinkler system

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 03:09:53 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 19:46:53 -0500, Alex wrote:

firearms for a variety of purposes. I have a few .357 Magnums and enjoy
firing them, too. My Ruger SP101 is a great self-defense firearm and I
prefer it over the J-frames. There's a lot of personal preference when
it comes to guns and different calibers. I'm lucky enough that I no
longer have to sell a gun in order to buy a new gun.

I have an old trooper that I got right after the OM. Both are pretty
much twins except the OM has a bull barrel and the trooper has the
longer .357 cylinder. Both stay in the safe pretty much all the time.
My go to house gun is the Ruger KP90 and I have the Barretta in a
quick access compartment near the front door just in case something
does come up and I want it in my pocket. My 1897 and M1A are in a
quick open, locked compartment in the bedroom in case the philistines
are really coming over the hill.
For the most parts I still think of these as "safes" since they are
hard to get into and pretty hard to find.
That "building" stuff really comes in handy if you want to lose a few
cubic feet in a place that is hard to triangulate on. ;-)

Trooper is a nice .357. I bought one used when a friend wanted my Ruger
.30 carbine pistol. The Ruger was an interesting firearm, but unless you
were reloading ammo, was nasty to shoot. Huge fireball, and I understand
it was the 3rd noisiest handgun made.

That is a common problem with pistols and carbines, going either way.
The stuff I was loading for my Ruger carbine was nasty in a 29 Smith
but it performed a whole lot better than the regular commercial 44 mag
ammo, designed for a pistol. If you are really working up the load for
a particular barrel length, you have to match the speed of the powder
to the burn time before it gets to the muzzle.
They complain about the SoCom M1A for the same problem. Regular
7.62x51 ammo is still burning on high when the bullet comes out and
the blast is supposed to be brutal.
My biggest problem with the 44 was, out of my carbine, it beat the
crap out of my bullet trap in the basement. My chronograph was a home
built, made from 2821 cards so I needed 120v and it is hard to find a
place to shoot with power. I had to put a sheet or two of plywood in
front of the trap to scrub off a little speed. Fortunately I knew
construction guys then too and they gave me lots of small pieces of
scrap. I am not sure where my log book is but I had lots of loads I
played with in there.