Poco Deplorevole Poco Deplorevole is offline

Default Sprinkler system

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 07:22:04 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/27/17 6:56 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:18:48 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 14:05:03 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

My experience with S/A revolvers is that they are not faster to load
than a D/A revolver with a speed loader.

I guess you have never watched any of the IDPA guys.

I doubt I'll encounter one in a gunfight.

The point is if you watch the competitions you will see that even
these highly trained shooters take longer to load a revolver than a
semi auto. You also get more rounds in a magazine than a speed loader,
maybe 3x or more.

I think Harry thought you meant 'single action' when you used 'SA' way back when. Then Harry began
talking about S/A revolvers as though that's what you meant.

Surely he's not trying to say it's faster to load a revolver, even with a speed loader, than to pop
out and pop in a magazine in a SA.

I thought he was talking about single action revolvers, too. Loading a
double action revolver is faster, as is emptying the spent brass.

When I took my first firearms safety course out at a range off of Route
50 out near Dulles airport, the instructor spent a lot of time
explaining how to clear problems that arise with semi-auto
pistols...stovepipes, failures to fire, et cetera. I had a round jam
tight once in a rented Glock out at a range. I didn't want to mess with
it, so I put the pistol down, facing in the proper direction, and called
over the range officer. He was glad to take care of the problem for me.
You might have an occasional problem with a revolver, but it probably
isn't going to be because of the round.

I don't dislike semi-auto pistols, but if my life depended upon a
handgun, I'd prefer it to be a Smith & Wesson or Ruger .357 Mag double
action revolver. Pull the trigger and it is going to go bang. Knock on
plastic, I never had a problem with the .357s I've owned or just shot
from either manufacturer.

After firing a hundred or so wad cutters in the Model 28, I've had the trigger become too hard to
pull because of crud on the front of the cylinder. Scraping the crud off with a pocket knife gets it
back into business again.

Hopefully you can put down your attacker without needing a couple hundred rounds.