Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline

Default Sprinkler system

On 2/26/17 1:05 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 11:44:16 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 2/26/17 11:31 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 08:09:47 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

If I wanted a 1911 clone that fired .45 ACP, I'd get one. I don't like
the pistols or the rounds much. The.357 MAGs hit harder in self-defense
situations. If I were interested in the .45 ACP round, though, I'd
consider a dual load .45 revolver, like this Ruger Redhawk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfcWPOecspQ

The problem is reliable feeding of a rimmed case in a semi auto.
Certainly there are guns that pull it off but the semi rim seems a lot
easier to feed. The flip side of that is the difficulty of chambering
a semi rim in a revolver without moon clips. Some will headspace off
the case neck but then they can be sensitive to ammo.

I understand the technicalities you are describing, but I simply prefer
shooting double action revolvers.

Revolvers are OK and have rock solid reliability as long as you are OK
with keeping them loaded and only think you will need 5 or 6 shots.
SAs a faster to load, if you store it unloaded, carry more shots and
is flatter if you CCW.
I can argue both sides ;-)
I have both. My most accurate is probably my OM Colt .38 revolver.
Most instinctive to shoot is my 1934 Barretta and in a serious social
situation I want my KP90 Ruger. I also have a Saturday Night Special
double stack Ring of Fire 9mm (Bryco/Jennings 9) that was just an
offer I could not refuse. Surprisingly, it seems to work better than I
would expect.

If I need more than six revolver shots for personal defense, then I
should have brought a rifle with hi-cap mags. One hit from the .357 MAG
rounds I use should drop a bad guy if it doesn't kill him outright. But
my first go-to firearm for home defense is a shotgun.

My experience with S/A revolvers is that they are not faster to load
than a D/A revolver with a speed loader.