Ryan P.[_2_] Ryan P.[_2_] is offline

Default Amazon Fire Stick Gadget

On 2/25/2017 3:25 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/25/17 4:20 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:59:22 -0600, "Ryan P."
wrote:

On 2/24/2017 2:13 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:11:54 -0600, "Ryan P."
wrote:

My one complaint is that the voice search feature only searches Prime

Well that fact alone will keep my Echo in the box until I can regift
it. The only reason I wanted it is so my wife could call up movies and
we have a bunch of movie channels. I was already disappointed that it
could not talk Samsung and I was going to buy a stick. Now that is not
happening either.

So I did a little experimenting... I meant to answer Poco with
something that I knew to be true, and then discovered something else
new.

Apparently in a recent update, the added the complete "Alexa"
interface (its seamless, so you don't have to do anything but push the
talk button on your remote). Along with this, searching for movies DOES
now access Amazon Video AND Netflix (and apparently 75 other "top
streaming services" including HBO.

I assume you have to have these services installed on your device for
Alexa to bother searching them. I tested this, and it does indeed
work... It gave me results from Amazon Video, Netflix, HULU and STARZ.

This was added in late 2016... I generally ignore most "What's new
with Alexa..." emails I get, so I missed it!

What is the stick to TV interface? HDMI?

This must be a device for older flatscreens... ???

For any TV with an HDMI interface... doesn't have to be an older TV.
Sometimes new smart TV's have poor support for their apps, or the lose a
license with a provider and an internet update removes a capability from
your TV (my dad has a Samsung TV that took away the Amazon Prime app
after an update).