John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Anything wrong with CHB trawlers ?

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 10:34:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have a chb 1981 34 ft tri cabin. Water continues to come into the bilge. Residual 4 to 5 gallons after float switch removes the rest. I have removed the holding tank and am draining the fresh water tank to inspect. Any one have this problem?

4 to 5 gallons seems like a lot but there is always some back flow
after the bilge pump stops running. The amount of water in the pump
plumbing from the pump to the outlet will flow back into the sump.

It may not be your problem but it is a place to start looking.

--
Cheers,

John B.