DirtCrashr

Default What is this "pin" thing called?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:55:19 +0100, Owe Jessen
wrote:

All you guys know a little bit too much, which is disgusting me. I will soon
expound on either the exact details of how early 19th century cannons were
secured (complete with the nomenclature of the ropes), or ruminate on
careening, or perhaps speculate at length on the design of galley oar
blades.

But this is not ancient, useless knowledge, if you ever go sailing on
an old sailing boat.

:-)
Owe

My dad rowed crew at Annapolis, ages ago, and mentioned once going on
a "rowing vacation" in Greece, on a Trireme...
http://www-atm.physics.ox.ac.uk/rowi...me/trieris.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/art/archict...ias/rowers.jpg
Holy Spartacus, it looks kinda cozy.