Jim

Default Briggs & Stratton 5 H.P. outboard

Actually no, that was the original poster that fishes lakes. My
fishing is done on the tidal creeks and river, next to open water.
I wouldn't consider any open water with this boat. :^) For the most
part, worst case would be having to drop anchor and waiting for the
tide to change. No real 'danger' if I have a motor problem and no
backup. Just a lot of inconvenience. If it was more than that, it
seems that there's always someone around that can help, even with a
tow. And I do have a radio, 'just in case'.

-Jim

wrote:

In your original post you said you only planned to fish small lakes. If you are
going out in the ocean, or fast rivers, then you need substantially more power
than any electric (other than an old Elco yacht!) is going to provide.

BB