Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Shooting

wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 13:32:54 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 1/24/17 1:12 PM, Tim wrote:
Jan
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 11:17:42 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

What'd be impressive is when you hit targets while holding the gun
sideways i.e. "Gangstah".

The funny thing is I am seeing some defense coaches talking about that
sideways hold now, usually using a laser. It is generally when
shooting from cover like around a corner so you can establish a sight
picture or guide on the laser without exposing any more of your body
and head than necessary. It is also supposed to be more stable on an
"out to the side" hold.

I'm sure you're right in theory Greg, but I doubt that applies much to thug life

"Defense coaches..." I like firearms and have no objections to
reasonable people owning firearms, but I do get a laugh out of all the
youtube vids and magazine articles about which weapons are "the best"
for going to war or "protecting" oneself in a fire fight. If you are
going to war and you are not a soldier of fortune, one assumes "the
military" assigns you a firearm and teaches you how to use it. I'd bet
that 99.99% of non-sworn civilians in this country who "carry" never
have and never will face an armed assailant or gunfire or a grizzly bear
or mountain lion.

Are you seriously saying a gun owner should not have any kind of
training?
As for the likelihood of needing a gun in a defense situation, I
assume you have/had a fire extinguisher on your boat. Did you ever
have to use it? Were you actually trained in how to use it?

In my 70 years, I have never discharged a fire extinguisher except in
training and I have plenty.

Was trained in fire extinguishers when racing cars. Have actually had to
use them a couple times. One time my POS 1968 charger decided to crack a
fuel line while traveling down highway 50. And another time put out
another guys car fire, and he never even offered to pay for the refill.
Should have let it burn.