Tony Thomas

Default skegs

I personally would not worry about it. You obviously did not know it when
running the boat. It is not hurting anything.
I have run boats w/ almost no skeg before you could notice any difference.
(not mine but a boat I was working on).
I also have broken off about 1/2 the skeg off the front when I rolled over a
rock and the weight of the boat snapped the skeg. Never noticed a
difference. Even sold the boat w/ it broke w/ no reduction in price.

Bottom line, leave it alone. If you break it again, then maybe get it
fixed.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Randy" wrote in message
.. .
Just got the boat out of the water and what do I find... about 1/3 of the
skeg gone. Best to have it welded and repaired. Or are these Skegguards
worth the money?